Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mothers day...........

 On mother's day this is what awaits me as I glide in to turn the coffee on before church...............it was only from husband...........I smiled and thought how amazingly blessed my life is....... me the wife who is actually a mess.......

 After returning from church this is what I found from the 16 year old.....flowers that she bought with her own money........I stood there stunned...........
 As I stood there in silence letting my thoughts go up in praises..........there were two more cards.......the hand written kind..........that were from my two other daughters.............
 how the tears began to fall...........as I read the words of what the woman child wrote..........
Dear mommy,
All that I am and all that I hope to be I owe to you!
I love you with my everything inside of me!
You inspire me so much! And I am jealous of your strong faith!
Your so pretty and I am proud to say your my mom!
No one works as hard as you do,
I love you,
Gracie
I have never felt so small in all my years........I could only mumble the thanks be to God for this........that somewhere deep in that wild heart of a woman-child the prayers had seeped in.............my only heart's cry for all three of these girls is that I should have given more...............more time..........more prayers........more love........

the second card was from my youngest child;
Mommy,
your the best mom I could ever ask for.
your nice and sweet and only MEAN when you are trying to protect me!
Other-wise your nice and I love you soooooo much!
Ellie

I kept tracing over and over again the words on paper............the gifts from this messy life.............I stand in awe of a God who truly answers prayers........




 The middle child insisted on lunch out after church...........we laughed and cried the hard and remembered even though we are raising teenagers in Babylon, God is at the gate cheering us on encouraging us to move forward.......to quit standing still when he has opened a door for us to walk through..........
 All the tears and pain seem so worth it today...........the smile on my heart is singing praises to the King....
      Saying thank you seems so small........when I want to do more.............to live the life He has given us with joy!
The ending to the most beautiful mother's day ................
I murmur the thanks again and again.......
my heart swells with gratefulness.......
all of grace,
Robbie