Thursday, April 7, 2011

Golgotha-Skull.............................

Watchful eyes seem to peer from the rock overlooking the Garden tomb, evoking the meaning of the name Golgotha.......SKULL.....

Mark 15:22-23;
22 They brought Jesus to the place called Golgotha (which means “the place of the skull”). 23 Then they offered him wine mixed with myrrh, but he did not take it.

The suffering.........with a pure and willful heart.................feeling the pain of every thorn.......with every cut....suffering which He has chosen.....all for the LOVE.....the love for us....................getting ready....ready to taste death for everyone...............by His stripes we are truly healed............................
and I whisper quietly to myself.....grace................grace.....................God's amazing grace.....................the blood.........the blood with power to cover us all..................redemptive blood.....................the kind that is paid in full.........................struggling today with the ugly of who I am.................feeling the heaviness.....
why is it that I so graciously bow out of the mercy???  Is it my belief? Oh help me Father with my unbelief...............................
2 Corinthians 5:21;
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

     ...me a sinner who was born blind but wants to see....me who needs the emptying this lent season...
me that can't die to self..............................me the taker whispers more please......more of God's grace.........self denial.......................the only way to feel God's grace.........
 humility is what leads us to the death.....the death of self.........knowing we are dead in Christ!!!!!
The waking up ......the being born again.........................the wanting to live......................the wanting to see..........but the need to sink first............sink hard................sink down into that nothingness....................... to a humbleness..................................more please..............more of your grace..............your forever forgiving grace............God so ever more whispers...............my grace is here for the humbling....................only the humble will see......................

It takes a little imagination to see the "eyes," of the skull on this rocky place..........the garden tomb behind the fence, only a few yards away..............
Skull Hill...is the site where the Crucifixion took place and now contains a bus station and a Muslim cemetery.......................this would have been a perfect spot due to the height for the execution which could be seen by everyone..................The site also has additional meaning.....for the Jerusalemites of Jesus' day......A cave on the slope of Skull Hill, now inside of a mosque, preserves an ancient legend..............The prison where Jeremiah was thrown by King Zedekiah's officials in order to stop him from preaching the impending doom of the Babylonian conquest.....(Jeremiah 37:15)

Is it true....am I ready........ready for the dying of me...................I keep breathing.............me who says I am Christian....in reality I am the walking dead......................only alive in Christ.....................its all about the heart......................the new kind that can pump the real life right into you...................
Matthew 5:8;
God blesses those whose hearts are pure....for they will see God..........................
I want to see God...................with those nail scarred hands clapping........................"WELL DONE, MY GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT...." WELL DONE..............................
me who is blinded by my own...............................me who is seeing with my own eyes instead of the seeing through His eyes...............................
praying for God to open the eyes of my heart,
Robbie