Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Prayer Room

Prayer Room at the Cove



The only thing that keeps me from prayer is me. It's Wednesday and Monday almost destroyed me. I left the house Monday at 6am.  I didn't come home until 930pm. I feel no joy today with the everything being completely drained from me. Sometimes I wonder;  "is this it Lord?"

I want to stop and pray but I CAN'T!
I rolled over this morning and pretended I was too tired.
I have told Him before that I live in Babylon...........................and he gently whispers again; " so did Daniel."
So how did he do it stop three times to pray?

There is always one more crumb to wipe up........ and the piles of laundry that continue to grow and I can't help myself I don't know how to slow down and just breath.
And all the while it is my soul that is starving.
I am too busy with self!


The sun is shining through the coldness this morning and it's only my "excuses," that keep from the King.
 It is me who claims to want to know Him............so why is it that I consider me and my agenda more important?
He commands that we grow to a stillness............and know that He is God!
It's time to ask myself; "Do I really want to know Jesus?"
Remembering the way up is down.......It 's time to bow the low and pour out my heart like dirty water.
It's the inner washing that I need....................to step out of this world into the quietness of Him.
After all doesn't Christ dwell in a house of prayer? (Luke 19:46)

“Now when Daniel… he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.” -Daniel 6:10

This is transformation! Kneeling three times a day not to ask but to praise. This is where we find refuge away from a lost World that is spinning.

IT'S A CHOICE!!! You and I can choose to STOP, to kneel and pray. It a choice to stop letting LIFE rule us. PRAYER takes our eyes off of us and puts our eyes on the one true thing that matters....."Christ!"
To live in this moment is a choice............Want you make it boldly with me today?
I am choosing to stop and sing praises to the King.



all of grace,
Robbie



Praising Him for all things big and small:

-the Christmas tree that looks like it belongs at South Park Mall
date night with hubby
Lights of Festival at my church
teens giggling into the wee hours of the morning
the laundry that is over-flowing
bare trees
cold crisp mornings
stillness in the darkness
seeing through His eyes
the longing for simplicity
the gift of eternity