Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Journey



Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3: 5-6


What a precious promise! What does that promise mean? Why do we complicate the simple? God says, in this verse, that he WILL correct our path and set a new and better course for our lives- if we.....Trust in the Lord with ALL of our heart!

God designed us, his creation, to have complete dependency upon him. Even in the everyday, ordinary decisions of a day- he wants us to seek him for counsel. When we come to him- he promises to communicate with us.
We must be faithful- to read God's word, study it, meditate on it, and obey it. God will guide us when we have decisions to make. The Holy Spirit teaches us and directs us when we pray and seek God's will for our lives. We walk by faith, not by sight.
It is our responsibility to place ourselves in the Lord's hands, through surrender, through study of his word, through fellowship with him in prayer, through uniting ourselves with others who believe.
Earnestly pray for his direction- look for his support-Trust God.

This past weekend at the "The Cove" in Asheville, NC.- I was able to spend quality time with my Lord. I am ashamed to say that, because it doesn't take- Going anywhere- to feel God. But I did feel him this weekend. I felt the warmth of the sun - shining through the trees, I felt the wind blow through my body- as if the Holy Spirit was filling my lungs with Holy Air.... I heard the trees sing praises to our Father. I saw rocks everywhere- we were on a mountain- which made me think- if I don't praise him, the rocks will.
Why do I struggle on this journey? It is plain... It is clear..... He said to me over and over... all down the mountain.....I made sure Robbie remembered it, cause I didn't have a pen handy as I rolled my pumpkin like self down the mountain. We nicknamed ourselves the pumpkin and the pear- cause it wasn't pretty seeing us, or even hearing us gasp for breath as we climbed this mountain. But what I heard so clearly, so plain.
"In all things, In all ways- acknowledge me"!!!

In the good times- In the bad times- In all times- In all ways

I have trouble with the letting go
Walk in the spirit, not the flesh
But how?
Mediate and Pray
Trust and believe
Mercy and Grace
 I remember, on the mountain, during my alone time with our Father- thinking loudly...... " What do you want from me?"...... What?

As the wind started to blow- I opened my mouth and inhaled the sweet air. I felt the Holy Spirit run through me!
All I want from you is for you to Acknowledge me.... Trust me......... Spend time with me.

Father help me hear what you are saying to me. Help me to be obedient.
Amy