Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Amazing Love







Eternal Father,
It is amazing love,
that thou hast added the spirit of comfort to teach, comfort, guide,
that thou hast allowed the ministry of angels to wall me round.
All heaven subserves the welfare of the poor worm.
Permit thy unseen servants to be ever active on my behalf,
and to rejoice when grace expands in me.
Suffer them never to rest until my conflict is over,
and I stand victorious on salvation's shore.
Grant that thy proneness to evil,
deadness to good,
resistance to thy Spirit's motions,
may never provoke thee to abandon me.
May my hard heart awake thy pity, not thy wrath,
And if the enemy gets an advantage through my corruption,
let it be that heaven is mightier than hell,
That those for me are greater than those against me.
Arise to my help in richness of covenant blessings,
Keep me feeding in the pastures of thy strengthening WORD,
searching Scripture to find thee there.
If my waywardness is visited with a scourge,
enable me to receive correction meekly,
to bless the reproving hand,
to discern the motive of rebuke,
to respond promptly, and do the first work.
Let all thy fatherly dealings make me a partaker of thy Holiness.
Grant that in every fall I may sink lower on my knees,
and that when I rise (NOT IF I RISE) BUT WHEN I RISE it may be to loftier  heights of devotion.
May my every cross be sanctified,
every loss be gain,
every denial a spiritual advantage,
every dark day a light of the Holy Spirit,
every night of trial a song.

Spiritual Helps:
from the book; "The Valley of Vision," A collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions



It's sin desire to have you...........................this is what He told me on my walk with him.............little did I know that it would almost kill me.

Sin is crouching at the door.....It's DESIRE is for YOU, but you must rule over it."
Genesis 4:7

"Desire," (teshuqah)


And it's me that can't seem to find the gratitude these last few weeks when I felt I couldn't take another step.
The enemies attacks have come at me hard.........I have felt alone and scared.
Words have been my biggest weapon...............the tongue that whipped the hard............... the damage that is done. 

We are the broken............from the storms that sometimes make you want to curl up and die.
And it's He that whispers...........Be Still..........but I don't know how anymore.
And it's He that whispers.............."your sins are forgiven."
An OT prophet might declare..........."The Lord also has put away your sin."
Yes He is able..............at the cost of Christ's death on the Cross!
There are things if you try and hold on to you will fall.  Sometimes the letting go of our will is the biggest step towards SURRENDERING!


asking for your grace..........would you pray for me today?
Thank you.

all of grace,
Robbie