Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wisdom from the young



After a long- very long- day in the ICU- I came home to my eight year old standing at the top of the stairs. At first it scared me. It was dark in the house and seeing an image at the top of the stairs took me by surprise. I looked at him, and without saying a word- we hugged. As I patted him on the back, I felt him melt into my arms.  Enjoying every minute of this sweet
moment, I felt peace and true joy.
As soon as it started- it ended with-" Come with me mom."  He went on to tell me that he had already
read scriptures to daddy, now it was my turn.   Oh great I thought- What is God using a 8 year old to tell me now? My husband and I joking call him " our little preacher"- cause truthfully he prays, and reads scriptures everyday. And even talks to others at school about Jesus and getting saved. Jesus is coming back soon- he is using the young, old, and the in-between to build his kingdom.

Mom- he said, I want to read to you psalms 37. 1-9

So I listened-
" Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong. For like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.
Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this;
     He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways. When they carry our their wicked schemes.
Refrain from anger, and turn from wrath- do not fret- it only leads to evil.
For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

Truthfully- I think he read that scripture to me because it said- Refrain from anger.
He knows that my temper is short and I often lose patience with the boys all the time.

I do also know that I have had some issues at work- and have prayed for help from the Lord.

SO I feel him telling me today- to keep my eyes on him- pray without ceasing- and in EVERYTHING give him praise.

So Blessed
Amy