Monday, September 12, 2011

Faith




I want Fall to come so badly that sometimes I think I can smell it.
Bike rides and drinking lemonade............trying to drink contentment in every season.
Ready for the leaves to fall like God's grace........ candles burning that smell like fall.
Longing for a real fire burning bright into the night.



As the world keeps turning people keep aching...............disaster after disaster keep coming.......it is me who sees the world in pain...........her contractions are growing stronger and closer together.
And it is the me who sometimes pleads with God that I don't want to do this anymore! I don't want to be this person anymore who works the hard to save and they die anyway. I don't want to stand by and watch a parent lose a child.......or a child a parent! I don't want to tell another person that his ways are not our ways......trust.
Maybe it's the me who doesn't really trust? Afraid to to trust what He will bring my way the next!
Me with my ugly sins.........all of my shortcomings.....it is then that I cry out to God;
"help me with any area of my unbelief..........pour me out so you can pour more of you in."
I murmur it queitly........."God is not a God of fear."
But do I really believe that?
.
The world keeps spinning,  and pain keeps coming........ and who am I the broken mama, friend, sister, wife.............choosing NOT to see the Holy all around and I wonder, " if I could just grab a hold.......of His cloak..........something tanglable........would I then be able to really SEE?

We could walk afraid you and I if we listen...........to the hissing of the enemies..........LIES...........he will tell us.... but only if we listen.
Instead listen to the holy one:
"Ye of so little Faith," the Saviour tells me!"   SEEK GOD........God is enough!

Some days people die, and loved ones are crushed....and some can't quit there addictions. Some want  take medicine that could save their lives. Some days the hurt of it all blinds my vision and I forget that every moment is a reason to praise the King! If only I could truly see.

Hardships were the many the other day in the ICU........including the loosing of loved ones from  devastating illnesses.  It was the 83 year old father that caught my attention!  The man who was the blind but claims he can see........because there is a God who is good!
He who sat:  listening as his son was dying.............he who cannot see looked at me as if he were starring a hole right through me, and simply says:  "God knows best," (with the tears that stung his face, "don't think this doesn't hurt me!")

Who is this God that his ways are not our ways, and his thoughts are not our thoughts:
He is one who wore the badge of humility. He who asked for the cup to be passed from him only if it was the Father's will. (Mark 14:35) Our Savior fully God, and human knows sorrow, and death....to the point that He sweated blood!
I whisper it again, "who is he?"
His bravery in face of  His own suffering
His humility of bearing it all to the end
His steadiness of purpose in keeping to His appointed task
His simplicity
His self-discipline
His serenity of spirit
His complete reliance upon Thee, His Father in Heaven
not my will Father but yours..........(can we follow His lead?) 

I saw a man who could follow Jesus' lead an 83 year old blind man.......... who wore Humility like a badge of courage.
The courage to go anywhere, to do anything........asking for this cup to be taken from him only if it was the Father's will. There was Faith......Trust.........and isn't that what the Father is looking for?

 Because he wore humility there was no fear...........pain yes but fear no.
Humility= Courage= Obedience

Are we the ones walking by Faith?...........Isn't that what will get God off His throne?
Good church activities are not the impressive...............What will move the King is simple..............."Child Like Faith!"
Remembering that every moment is Holy only if we choose to see.

Faith pleases God.....(Hebrews 11:6)............and Faith is the victory that overcomes all your hurts.
Walk by Faith and not by Sight! Nothing moves Him more. The invisible Christ will NOT fail you.
In spite of everything around you.................there is GOD!

all of grace,
Robbie

When the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8)


Gifts that keep on coming:

unmade beds
unfinished sewing projects
crumbs on counter
art projects for the teens
garbage disposal broken again
bathroom sink clogged
clean clothes
cooler weather
movie night with teens
swinging on front porch
organizing life
long walks with dog
Friday night football games
late night talks with teens
grace
conviction
a chance to look into the eyes of Jesus
being a servant
seeing the hard moments as holy


http://www.aholyexperience.com" target="_blank">http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff162/annvoskamp/multitudesonmondaysbutton2-1.jpg" >