Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Guilty"

"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"- even the 8 month 75lb golden retriever-"Dodger Grand-Slam". In the picture above, you see him in the background-looking away. Knowing that taking a "nibble" out of my shoe was wrong! Sin feels good for a minute- then you pay the consequences- sometimes they are very costly! Well- I provided "mercy" and did not beat him with the chewed up shoe- (just kidding.) Actually- I'll probably just give him the shoes- to finish off what he started.
I was talking with a "mom" yesterday at the football field. Our boys played together when they were 2 years old. Thinking back to that time- I remember- asking Noah what he did in preschool that day. " I pusha Kelley" Well Kelley is the teacher, and I wondered was my two year old "pushing" the teacher? But actually  "pusha Kelley" was her pushing him on the swing.
Our conversation yesterday was brief, we made small talk:   " How's your summer" Boys this and boys that........ We said our goodbyes and walked away.
 Later talking with another mom I was told something that troubled me...."hurt me."
     How easily we are ensnared by the enemy..........we fall hard.......right into the trap of the hissing one.....and then there is pain.
 . Sometimes I wish I didn't "listen," or had the boldness to walk away.  I hate gossip-  How can I "truly walk" with God - if I am constantly being ensnared by Satan's traps- whether I'm doing the sin- or getting caught up in other people's sin. Sin will keep popping up....... like weeds that you can't kill...it is up to us to resolve. We can't keep eating from the world's intoxicating table. It draws us in........then we are the full..........full to the brim with the things of this world....and there is the no room for the real food.
 Now knowing this.....how am I supposed to act?  Do I ignore that person?  Do I feed my flesh?
They need God too. We all sin- but do we recognize it- do we truly repent for it?  Prayer is the way....."relationship."  Casting all our cares on him. It makes the weak "STRONG." We must pray everyday because even something as simple as football season starting again can make us fall!
Prayer is the only thing that can send the enemy running. And asking for forgiveness for our sins is a MUST! ?
"Jesus Son of David, Have Mercy upon me!"
Amy

Matthew 7:3-5

New International Version (NIV)

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.