Friday, July 22, 2011

Rejoice in the Lord Always

" Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me- put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."  Philippians 4: 4-9

The journey to become the person God wants us to be- begins with learning to disciple our minds- to focus on what is right rather than what is wrong.
Use God's word to reprogram your mind by turning the attention to the positive rather than the negative.
Romans 12:1  "Be transformed by the renewing of your mind." The mind is a primary battlefield and will either help or hinder your goal of becoming the person God wants you to become.
As you think new and positive thoughts, your attitude will change.
Change your mind- then behavior- attitude- your actions- You will then begin to notice that you can change your circumstances. Happiness comes from within- it is a choice!


Rejoicing in the Lord is one of the hardest things that I have to do. But I do need to remember daily that God has a plan for me- not to harm me- but to bring me closer to him.


I have so much to be thankful for! I pray for a humble heart- To allow myself to always be thankful- to see the good in situations and in people. What I want more than anything on this earth- is for others to see Jesus in me! I pray for strength- not to let my guard down- to be weakened by the flesh. I want to walk daily with Jesus- in full armor- ready for anything.
In His Service
Amy