Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"WELL DONE MY GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVENT"

Matthew 25:21 His lord said to him, "Well done,good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord".
Matthew 25:40 And the king will answer and say to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to Me."
Matthew 25:45 Then he will answer them, saying, "Assuredly , I say to you, inasmuch as you did NOT do it to the least of these, you did NOT do it to me."


     We are all put here on earth for a purpose, a reason for living. To build up the kingdom of heaven.  That seems like a lot to take in,  but do we actually think that God is going to trust us with big and powerful works, if we can not even do the "little things"?. I believe we are tested every day, to see where are faith lies. Are we going to trust him today? Are we going to pass this test of life? We are tested and tempted every day. Similar to what Jesus was tempted in the Wilderness. Sometimes I pray, " God please reveal to me, CLEARLY and very SIMPLE ( cause I'm not very bright, Lord) what your plan is for me. I feel it is BIG lord and I'm ready to jump in with two feet. As always, I hear the Lord say to me, BE STILL.   Which makes me sad, but also gets me out of " giving til it hurts"- with either tithes or service. So does Being Still mean to sit on my butt in front of the TV?, oh course not!!!! it means getting out there- in life- and do what I do. Right now it is being a ICU nurse and raising three WILD boys, which I love so much.
With raising children, you must lead them, guide them, teach them right from wrong. We are going to be judged one day, and I would be devastated if my actions caused my kids not to hear the Word of God and guide them into the right path. Right now, while I am being still, I can show them a Godly example. To let them see Jesus lives in my heart. To teach them right from wrong. Read the bible to them and with them. My parents have been great Godly examples for my children, and I am relieved that they are in their life. Their gifts are not material ones, but are filled with time and teachings about Jesus. That gift is priceless.
At work, while I'm being still, I can go out of my way to be friendly. To be on time to work. To pull up a chair and talk with a patient, not just the sweet and funny ones, but the grouchy, and miserable ones. To pray with someone. Robbie recently prayed the salvation prayer with one of her patients per request and I can not even imagine how pleased God was that day. I pray for God to touch each one reading this blog, that it will inspire you to, while being still, do the little things that please God. What we do for others we ultimately do for him. Jesus is coming soon. Please if you are not saved- get saved. All you have to do is believe that Jesus died on the cross for you- to save  your sins.  And that he arose from the grave in three days. And that he is seating at the right hand of his father waiting on him to say "IT IS TIME BRING MY CHILDREN HOME".
Confess your sins. That's it. The rest will come through reading the bible and praying. So start with the little things, God will open doors that will surprise you. Trust him. Obey him. Look for him to return soon.
In His Service,
Amy