Wednesday, October 27, 2010

HALLOWEEN...................

It is a huge debate:
Christians and Halloween.........
Christians must decide for themselves
and follow their own convictions about regarding the observance of Halloween.
When my girls were little, I did dress them up and take them door to door for candy. But now that they are older it isn't an issue anymore.
I can truly see both sides of the issues. Something strange happened to me a week ago. I have this witch that I have had for at least 10 years. She is big and scary. She has a wart on her nose and she sits on a broom. You can clap your hands etc and she will laugh this horrible laugh and her eyes light up this bright red.
Last week my middle daughter and I were having an argument. It got out of control and I started yelling. Yes yelling... and the witch was in the next room and started laughing so loud on her own...and wouldn't stop. I was very concerned. I even asked a few friends what they thought and they told me to pray about it. I never felt like I had an answer from God or anything but the next day when I looked in her eyes, I had this fear come over me. This certainly could have been all in my head.. I know that fear is not from God. We are to stand on His word.
So.....the very next day I opened the front door and said Satan get out of my house in the name of Jesus and I threw her out as far as I could throw her....lol
My husband came home the next day from being out of town and he saw the witch upside down on the front porch. He could instantly tell that she must have had a quick exit from the house...lol
And yes... He thinks I am crazy..... I tried to explain to him what happened. But the more that I talked the crazier I sounded. He did pick her up and put her somewhere and told me she was gone. My hope is to find her a new home before next Halloween...(just a little side story)
I can't help but think that we have to get out of our comfort zone for God.
We are called to reach out in a world that is filled with danger and be the light that Christ calls us to be..
Halloween brings people of the world to our doorsteps and our neighbors out in the streets.. Maybe we should think of creative ways to use this time to seize this opportunity for developing new relationships and sharing our faith. God calls us to be in the world but not of it....After all these could be actual people that we need to seek and reach.......
I truly believe there is no right or wrong answer. One's convictions about Halloween must be individually sought, individually found and personally followed. We should not judge!!!
I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter....
Blessings,
Robbie