Monday, May 31, 2010

God's Presence...................

I have met a new friend at church. She has seen the pain and the hurt I have held in my heart these last few weeks. Even though she doesn't know any details the pain is written all over my face.
Do you ever people watch? I do and I love doing so. Next time notice people's faces, see if you can tell anything about them from their face. Are they sad? Happy? Mad? Do you see Jesus in their face? What does your face say about you?

The interesting thing about my new friend is that I have never seen her before and I have attended church there for several years. I am a creature of habit. I sit in the same spot every Sunday. I know I am a little strange but I do feel like it is my spot. But I don't mind if it is down a few seats, I just really prefer to be on the same pew. Anyhow a couple of months ago this beautiful women with the prettiest smile was sitting on the pew I sit on. I introduced myself and continued to see her for the next few weeks. Now I know that this was divine intervention on my Father's part. She has become a very special person to me. Now when I run into church trying to get to my seat, I look for her to make sure she is there. I can't explain it although we don't get to talk a lot; there is something that calms me when she is near. So last Sunday she brought me a book she wanted me to look at. Now if you know me one of my biggest problems that I have is books. I find somethings so special about Christian Books that I have a christian bookstore in my house.lol My husband has put his foot down and said STOP!!!LOL He has reminded me that when you can't even get into our bed at night for stepping over the mountains of books that I have a problem. So when she wanted me to look at this book and wanted me to order one my first reaction was oh no I can't. But with my gracious smile I said I would look at it. Well divine intervention again. God knew I would not order the book so my new friend said take it and bring it back later. I thought I can't take her book it means so much to her. I know how I feel about my books and they are like treasures of gold. She kept on encouraging me to take it and finally I did. Then I thought to myself when? When Father am I going to have time to look at it? I already have so much on my plate with teaching bible studies; working as a critical care nurse; teenagers who have gone wild, and a house to run not to mention the millions of daily devotions that I have placed all over my house that I haven't even had the time to read. Well guess what I looked at it this morning and I couldn't put it down. It is the kind of devotional that speaks to my heart. It is DEEP!!! I was so impressed by this book that I wanted to share one of the devotion's with you. And yes this will be ordered and added to my beautiful collection. It has turned out to be a true treasure. So thank you Father for my new special friend and her gift that I will treasure.

This is taken from the book ; Jesus Calling....by Sarah Young

Let me anoint you with My Presence. I am King of Kings and Lord of lords, dwelling in unapproachable Light. When you draw near to Me, I respond by coming closer to you. As my Presence envelops you, you may feel overwhelmed by My Power and Glory. This is a form of worship: sensing your smallness in comparison to My Greatness.
Man has tended to make himself the measure of all things. But man's measure is too tiny to comprehend My majestic vastness. That is why most people do not see Me at all, even though they live and move and have their being in Me.
Enjoy the radiant beauty of My Presence. Declare My glorious Being to the world!

Look up these verses and meditate on them today:
1 Timothy 6: 15-16; which God will bring about in his own time - God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and the Lord of lords, 16; who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

James 4: 8; Come near to God and He will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
How can you come near to God? James gives us five ways: 1; submit to God, yield to His authority and will. Commit your life to Him and His control and be willing to follow him.
2; Resist the devil, (4:7). Don't allow Satan to entice and temp you. 3; wash your hands and purify your hearts. (that is lead a pure life) (4:8). Be cleansed from sin, replacing your desire to sin with your desire to experience God's purity. 4; Grieve and mourn and wail in sincere sorrow for your sins (4:9). Don't be afraid to express deep heartfelt sorrow for what you have done. 5; Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up. (4:10; 1 Peter 5:6).

Acts 17:28; "For in Him we live and move and have our being." As some of your own poets have said, "We are His offspring."
God is not trapped in His Creation. He is transcendent. God is the Creator, not the Creation. This means that God is Sovereign and in control, while at the same time he is close and personal. Let the Creator of the universe rule your life.

Psalm 145: 3-6; Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. 4; One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. 5; They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works. 6; They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds.

The next time you see someone and you notice pain or saddness their face; pray and ask God how you could be a blessing to that person if possible. You never know how you might brighten someone's day.

All verses and explanations taken from NIV Bible.

Happy Memorial Day,
Special Thank you to those who have lost their life and who are risking their lives to keep us safe... May God Bless you and keep you tucked under the wings of protection. May God Bless America!!!!!!
love,
Robbie